Friday, March 11, 2011

Kitchen Interest

As much fun as freebies every week would be... it is possible the rule that "less is more" applies here.  Never fear, it's not done for, I'm just going to add a few more f's to Friday's.  Along with Freebie Friday's, we will also have Fun Friday's (date night ideas), Frugal Friday's (anything cheap or free goes) and Feature Friday's... which is today's "f".  I will highlight products, ideas, how-to's, etc... that we integrate and/or utilize during our remodel process.

Today's feature is something I haven't seen before.  If I have, I must have thought it was ordinary wallpaper.  Alas, it is NOT wallpaper...

Wall stencils from Royal Design Studio...

I needed some sort of design element somewhere in the living area. Something to break up the monotony of my style.  I found this shop as I was perusing Etsy the other day and have not been able to stop fantasizing over putting this all over my kitchen walls:

So, I'm going to do it... I'm going to buy it today. Yay!

Here is just a small sampling of what else you'll find when you visit their site...





They literally have hundreds of designs and they come in all sizes from the size of your hand to 26" or bigger!

These stencils come to the rescue in three ways for us:
  1. I can buy just one durable, reusable stencil instead of eight+ rolls of wallpaper (SAVES $$$)
  2. I just removed wallpaper from three rooms... I don't want to go there again.  Ever. (SAVES time, frustration, and my right arm... both now and in the future!)
  3. Our walls are bad.  This is a way to camoflauge all of the little (and BIG) imperfections! (SAVES my mind... if you can't fix it, work with it.)
(I love this! ^)

Use these to transform ceilings, walls, floors, furniture, and even fabric.  These are relatively cheap, they are easy to use (they have a no-brainer system for application) and in a few short hours you have something that is more than just "sigh... it'll do." I think I may have a small desire to set a stool in the middle of the kitchen and just stare for a few hours after it's finished. 

I once did that when we got our front loading washing machine. Hahaha!  Though, it wasn't a few hours... I'd say more like 10 minutes.. I am all too easily amazed.

Anyhow...
Check out their Etsy store here.
Check out their Facebook page here.
For how-to's, inspiration and other ways to use the stencils visit their main website here.

Let me know what you think of this plan, as well as, if you find any favorites in your browings that you can't stop thinking about and planning for!

Have FUN this weekend!  Don't forget to help us put a RUSH on Spring this week!




5 comments:

  1. Leesh...I LOVE THIS! I have wanted to do this in Hunters room with the clearance paint I bought (dark grey $5 a can! and had to buy white to lighten it up $14 a can) >!>!?!&%$ What! I know...where are the savings? HA. That's how we roll. But the grey was $32 a can @ two cans that is a big savings. I was thinking of free handedly doing this..now I may go check out this site. Thanks for tip!! And can't wait to see what is a Signature stencil for the Thompson family! May your Friday be fabulous. I had a nap! Here's to the awe that is--- the little things. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh! How'd you pick which one to get?? Thats awesome! Cant wait to see it! Have you guys started painting anything else yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, dear Alicia, for such a lovely, lovely post on our stencils. You and your family are just adorable and I can't wait to see what you do in your kitchen and elsewhere. Wishing you lots of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bathroom and the third pic down are just amazing!! Love the one you chose. What color are you going to use?

    Becca T

    ReplyDelete